Dear All Olsen Orthodontics Patients:
We hope you and your family in good health. As we prepare to open our office for regularly scheduled appointments, we want to update you on additional steps we are taking to keep everyone healthy and safe. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment, for example:
· If possible, we ask that only the patient come into the office. If one parent or guardian feels more comfortable accompanying a child into the office, of course you are welcome, but we ask that siblings or other friends stay in the car or at home.
· We can schedule via phone or text (949-542-7799) and any treatment related questions for Dr. Olsen can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· We ask that you do our best to arrive at your designated appointment time to help us do our best to manage patient flow in order to keep everyone socially distanced.
· We will do our best to reduce wait times for you. If you want to remain in your car during your child’s appointment we will communicate with you via text or phone.
· Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
· For previously scheduled appointments, we may need to make small shifts in your appointment time to accommodate social distancing. We’ll reach out to confirm these changes.
· For now, our waiting room will have no magazines or children’s toys, and the video games are turned off since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
· Upon your arrival to our office you will have your temperature taken and will be asked some screening questions and will be asked to sign a form consenting to treatment. This can be done on a paper form (you get to take the pen home as a souvenir!) or on one of our iPads, which will be disinfected between patients.
· The CDPH (CA Dept of Public Health) has mandated that everyone that visits our office must wear a mask. If you arrive without a mask, one will be provided for you.
· We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office.
· We ask that patients brush at home if possible in order to decrease the amount of time in the office and maintain cleanliness. In addition, we ask that patients use the bathroom only if urgent.
· CDPH has also asked that dental offices avoid aerosolizing procedures as much as possible. These procedures involve the use of a drill, and the risk is that use of the drill will spread whatever germs the patient may be carrying into the air of the entire office. This means that procedures like braces removal and fixing broken brackets are being delayed. Gratefully, most of our procedures do not produce aerosols and can be performed very safely.
· You will notice additional barriers that have been placed to help maintain social distancing.
· We will continue to work to keep everyone healthy by maintaining a minimum of 6 feet between patients, alternating patient chairs, using air filters and UV cleaners, frequently wiping down common surfaces, and wearing masks and other protective gear.
As you can see, we continue to do whatever we can to ensure that we provide you with quality orthodontic services while keeping you and all our patients healthy and safe.
While we would like to see every single one of our patients the first day we open, due to social distancing requirements this is not possible. We will start reaching out to schedule patients as quickly and safely as possible. Of course, we must give priority to those who were scheduled right when we were asked to close our office. We plan to work overtime and extended days to get you in as quickly and safely as possible, but we ask for your patience. We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
If you have further questions, please email us at email@example.com or text 949-542-7799.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Olsen & Team